Thursday 1 November 2012

Bon Rose

Author of: The "Old" Adventures of Hailey and Jared



Book blurb:

Hailey and Jared are best friends who have gone on several exciting adventures. Originally a series, I have now put six of their fun but scary short stories together for this book. Each story has suspenseful adventures that always end with a twist. Enjoy!

As an introduction, could you tell us a little bit about yourself?

Born in Iowa, I grew up reading the Nancy Drew Mysteries. As a teen I did a rough draft of a short story but it wasn't until a year ago that I finally took my time to sit down and re-write it, and then had it published as an e-short story called Old Jacob. I now have several short stories and one book with the first 6 stories which is called The "Old Adventures of Hailey and Jared". These stories were written with my grandchildren in mind and are based on some adventures from my childhood. I did write one story for adults "Dying to Write" as once I start a story it's hard to stop and it occurred to me that I could do a story about it. I have sold a few and of course would love to sell a bunch more but the feeling of accomplishment when I finished a story is satisfying enough.

What is your book about?

My book is my first 6 short stories of spooky adventures of best friends Hailey and Jared.

What genre do you prefer to write in?

Children fiction

What is your biggest writing achievement to date? 

My short stories and I guess you would say my first story which was Old Jacob

Who is your favourite author, and what is it about their work that strikes a chord with you?

I like Stephen King and the scary fun I have reading his books.

What book are you reading now, and would you recommend it?

Just finished the Firestone Crystal which is actually a sci fi for children. I thought the author did an excellent job. Her book is on Amazon Kindle.

What are your current projects?

Right now I'm trying to put together my 11th short story.

Where and when do you do most of your writing?

On the couch in my home with my laptop

What would you say was the hardest part of writing your book?

Getting started!

No comments:

Post a Comment